I'm usually not the go to gal for beauty advice. I'm usually on the search for the perfect (make me look younger) cream or a mask that can hide my tiredness, but lately I feel I've found some products that I want to stick around in my beauty cabinet. It really is a great feeling when you find a product that works for your skin. Yes, I am still on the lookout for a few more products or a replacement or two, but I'm confident my skin is happy with my selection so far.
- Eve Lom Morning Cleasner - I am completely obsessed with this product. It wakes my skin up and I truly feel a bit more awake, especially after rinsing my face with cold water.
- Aesop Primrose Hydrating Moisturiser - I put this on after my cleanser and usually let it set in. By this point I have a coffee in hand.
- Sanctuary Therapist Secret Facial Oil - I put this on right before I apply my makeup. I need to get a primer, but I'm happy with my oil at the moment.
- Burt's Bee Replenishing Lip Balm - My favourite lip balm, great for preparing my lip for lipstick or lip stain
- Aesop Parsley Seed Facial Cleansing Oil - The best cleanser I have ever used! I'm a big fan of a cleansing oil as it's gentle on my face and leaves my skin feeling moisturised as well. I personally cannot use foam cleansers as they dry out my skin.
- Klorane Eye Make-up Remover - I recently gave this a go. I wasn't happy with what I was using before, a friend recommend this remover. Klorane contains cornflower, this is used as a soothing agent for your eyes.
- Clarins Eye Contour Gel - I really like the way the gel feels on my eyes, it's cooling. I'm not really sure if it's working yet, but I'm still gonna give it a chance.
- I follow the eye gel with the Aesop Primrose Hydrating Moisturiser I mentioned earlier.
When Needed: (If my skin is feeling a bit drab and needs a lift, I use these products)
- Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate - It's suppose to make your skin look pretty damn good by morning. It worked or at least I felt my skin looked more refreshed. I don't use it all the time as my skin only likes it once in a while but I do like the results.
- Aesop Purifying Facial Exfoliating Paste - When I need to exfoliate, I use this. I really like it!
- Aesop B Triple C Facial Balancing Gel - I received a sample when I was buying my other Aesop products. The Aesop specialist walked me through the benefits of the B Triple C. I went home and gave it a go and then I was pretty much hooked! Great for curing a facial hangover! It's expensive for my liking but worth it! Food for your face!
- Aveda Pure Abundance Shampoo - I'm a big Aveda fan! I grew up with my sister and my best friend as a hair stylist and I've had the opportunity to try loads of products and Aveda is my favourite. I use the Pure Abundance Shampoo for a bit more volume in my hair. It really makes my hair shiny and gives it more volume!
- Aveda Pure Abundance Conditioner
- Korres Mint Tea Body Wash - I have been addicted to Korres Mint Tea Body Wash since my neighbour four years ago have me a little sample. I seriously have not used anything else. I just love it so so much! The smell is what gets me. It's almost manly smelling but for me perfection!
- Aveeno Moisturising Lotion - I've been a fan of Aveeno for a long time! I use it on Edith as well. Edith has dry skin in the winter and it's been the lotion that seems to work. I went to the pharmacy for Eczema Lotion and they suggested Aveeno. I was happy to hear I had selected the right lotion for my skin. Aveeno has oatmeal in it so it must be good for your skin, right?
So there you go, that's what's in my beauty cabinet. I know I have more things lingering around but these products are my go-tos.
I'll soon be sharing my make-up must-haves as I just splurged on some goodies!